YETI EXTREME™ "No Drill" Top Mount Draglink
by Steer Smarts
STEER SMARTS™ presents our EXTREME steering linkage “The YETI
EXTREME™ Series” for your Jeep JK Wrangler. We applied our 85 years of
steering “lessons learned” to develop the strongest most durable linkage
ever built for the Wrangler. The YETI EXTREME™ Series linkage was
engineered from the ground up with extreme detail to every component.
This EXTREME Top Mount Draglink is a complete bolt on Draglink for high steer applications. Draglink features our Patent Pending REVERSE TAPER MOUNT for ease of assembly to your Jeep Wrangler. No modifications of the knuckle is required, Draglink bolts to the factory tapered knuckle and pitman arm holes.
YETI EXTREME™ DRAGLINK FEATURES:
DRAG LINK ASSEMBLY:
- Fully assembled Draglink ready to install.
- Epoxy powder coated with e-coated threads for lasting appearance under harsh conditions.
- Engineered for proper clearance to other chassis components
- Draglink and all components are MADE IN THE USA.
- Patented Pending Reverse Taper Mount for easy bolt on top mounted draglink. No drilling of the knuckle is required.
- 30mm ball joints are the largest and strongest ever assembled in a Wrangler steering linkage.
- Cold headed medium carbon alloy steel ball studs provide incredible impact toughness for extreme duty usage.
- Ball studs are also induction heat treated - greatly improving their ultimate and fatigue strength, as well as wear resistance for superior off road durability.
- Steel bearings are also used for exceptional ball joint wear resistance and robustness.
- High quality seals are a very important feature for ensuring long ball joint life. Our superior seals have been rigorously tested to minimize leakage between grease service intervals which greatly improves our ball joint reliability over our competition.
- Our “Reverse Pin” ball joint technology on our rod ends prevent our linkage from flopping or rocking during those nasty washboard type roads, or other extreme off road trail conditions for significant improvement in ball joint durability. This reverse pin technology is built inside the socket for both drag link and tie rod ends, and, are not just weak external add on supports like some inferior linkages use.
- All ball joints are greaseable for greater reliability.
- All drag link rod ends are forged from medium carbon high hardenability steel and heat treated for even greater buckling, impact, and fatigue strength.
- Large 1 ¼ inch rolled threads at tie rod adjuster and draglink ends provide significantly increased strength over the original equipment threads.
- Designed for the proper clearance to other chassis components to eliminate interferences, and unplanned additional modifications.
- External threads are e-coated for long term serviceability.
- Draglink adjuster is manufactured from large diameter ¼ inch thick wall high strength 4130 DOM Steel tubing for increased buckling strength, to provide extreme impact resistance.
- Adjuster is slotted with clamps at both ends to assure proper clamp force using conventional tools without the possible risk of loosening like large jam nut designs.
- Adjuster has right and left hand threads to allow for easy length adjustment when setting the vehicles steering wheel and front end toe alignment.
- Internal threads and tube are also e-coated for long term serviceability
Draglink fits all left hand drive JK Wrangler models 2007 to 2016 including Rubicon and Unlimited.
Note: A minimum of 16” diameter wheels must be used with this JK high steer draglink, "16" wheel w/ max 4.5 back spacing ".
YETI XD™ "No Drill" Top Mount Draglink with Griffin XD™ Attenuator (JK)
- Product Code: XD_TOPDL_GRIFFIN
- Availability: In Stock